Below are some tips and tricks to make your session successful!
Bring two or more changes just in case! You don't have to put together 2 additional "outfits" Remember these are headshots so most photos will not show your pants.
- Make sure you come with a clean face and if you are getting your makeup done at the studio. Please inform the makeup artist if you have any allergic reactions to products.
- Make lips are also moisturized. Do the best you can to make sure your lips aren't extremely dry. (Chapped lips are hard to photoshop!)
- Keep it simple!
- Solid shirts are key. No frills, buttons, or extreme patterns.
- Options. Bring multiple shirts in different colors.
- Say Yes to Simple necklines. Limit buttons and frills.
- Comfort is key! Bring clothes that make you feel confident and happy.
- Have clothes ironed and on hangers. (Try to keep everything wrinkle free!)
- Avoid hats and busy props.
- If you want photos that pop. Bring at least one shirt that matches your eye color or compliments your skin tone. Greens, purples, golds, and oranges work really well with hazel or brown eyes.
- Do a dress rehearsal! Try on outfits to check for fit, stains, and color, prior to your photo session.
- Communicate which outfit you prefer but remain open to the photographer’s opinion on which colors and styles are best.
- HAVE FUN! :-)
I hope this helps prep for your headshots! If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask.
See you soon!